NSS Elective Subject：Literature in English
English is the language of global communication. It is not only a powerful learning tool, a medium by which people gain access to knowledge from around the world, but also a medium through which they develop positive values and attitudes, establish and maintain meaningful relationships with people, increase their cultural understanding and expand their knowledge and world-views.
- To provide every learner of English with further opportunities for extending their knowledge and experience of the cultures of other people as well as opportunities for personal and intellectual development, further studies, pleasure and work in the English medium;
- To enable every learner to prepare for the changing socio-economic demands resulting from advances in information technology (IT) – demands which include the interpretation, use and production of texts for pleasure, study and work in the English medium.
- The Compulsory Part
- Getting along with Others, Study, School Life and Work, Cultures of the World, Wonderful Things, Nature and Environment, The Individual and Society, Communicating, Technology, Leisure and Entertainment
- The Elective Part
- Language Arts, Non Language Arts
Mode of Assessment
- Public Examination
- 85%Paper 1︰Reading(20%); Paper 2︰Writing(25%); Paper 3: Listening & Integrated Skills(30%); Paper 4: Speaking(10%)
Interface with the Junior Secondary Curriculum and Post-secondary Pathways
By broadening and enriching students’ knowledge, skills and experience, the senior secondary English Language curriculum also provides a firm foundation for further study, vocational training or work. It opens up a variety of post - secondary educational and career pathways, particularly in the areas of media production, performing arts, teaching, business, law and social sciences.
|考試年度||出席人數||中文作答||5 級或以上||2 級或以上|